Follow these six steps, and you will have no problem organizing your wardrobe; we recommend you take a weekend to do it without stress.
Clean the entire closet and classify the clothes
To order, sometimes, you must mess up and clean the cabinets; this scenario is fulfilled. Take out all your clothes and temporarily put them on your bed or boxes. Take care of thoroughly cleaning the furniture and verifying the number of spaces it has to store clothes and shoes.
Visualize its capacity and imagine how much you can place without it collapsing, remember that you have to give things a little air, so they don’t wrinkle or get damaged. On the hangers should be dresses, shirts and tops, jackets and clothes you wear frequently.
Then start organizing the clothes and create three categories: keep, donate and sell. This way, you can eliminate the excess and gain space in your wardrobe. The garments that you are going to present and sell keep them in cardboard or plastic boxes. Please do not keep them forever, or they will accumulate again in the room.
Recommendation: Take advantage of cleaning to add a pleasant aroma in the closet that refreshes and keeps clothes smelling. Some fragrances also help fight wear.
Organization of garments in the closet
Visualize the clothes you will keep and start organizing them by colors or outfits you wear frequently. Doing it by color ensures you have better chances of locating daily attire and reordering them without complication when you finish using them.
Repeat the process of organizing by colors with other clothes such as shoes, bags, and accessories.
Know the types of hangers to take care of your clothes hangers organize your wardrobe
Hangers are organizational elements that go unnoticed but play an essential role in caring for and preserving clothes. These prevent warping, wrinkles, and tears in suits, shirts, and blouses. You should know that several types of hangers can help you classify the clothes in the closet. There are three bare specimens to know:
- Wooden Hooks: Used to hang heavy jackets, full suits, and coats. They have a boomerang shape, polished edges, and a metallic area.
- Plastic hooks: They have a simple design and are light and thin. They are made from low-flex polymers and are perfect for supporting shirts, t-shirts, and other lightweight garments.
- Padded or velvety hook: They are used to care for delicate clothes due to their edges lined with soft and padded fabric that prevents damage. Its use is widespread care for dresses and silk garments.
Check the compartments
The closets usually have drawers and spaces that allow locating the lighter clothes, out-of-season, sports, and accessories. Organize by frequency of use and fold the garments correctly, so they do not wrinkle or get out of order when placed in these compartments. The clothes you have already worn or wear most frequently are placed in front, and the ones you use less daily are placed behind.
Tip: Compartments are great places to store out-of-season clothing. As well as classic women’s or men’s jeans.
Organize the shoes
If you have many shoes, get a complementary element to organize them, for example, plastic boxes or hanging structures. Keep the most delicate and formal ones in their original box. On the other hand, ballerinas, moccasins, sneakers, boots, or heels keep them out. Apply the same trick of organizing by color to match your outfits seamlessly.
Place the accessories in sight.
Buy organizers for small accessories like earrings and rings and keep one of the open compartments to put it in. Place a small pendant on one side of the compartment to dangle heavier necklaces. The delicate ones keep them inside a chest or with rings and minor elements. This will help you avoid losses.
Tip: Like with clothes, place the accessories you use most in plain sight. Please get rid of the clothes you don’t wear without remorse, maybe your friends will like them, or you can sell them on the internet.
Tips to keep clothes in good condition when storing them
- Some recommendations to apply to keep your clothes in good condition are in the middle of the organization or after it.
- If your room is small, acquire a piece of furniture with multiple compartments that complement the closet’s lack of space.
- Keep an order between the hangers and try to have them in uniform colors to avoid losing the feeling of organization.
- If you have delicate clothing, such as dresses or garments out of season, protect them with plastic or fabric covers.
- Before putting the clothes in the closet or in the boxes, make sure they are clean or have a good smell. YIt would help if yousspenttime washing before you start organizing.
- Place labels next to the hangers to better organize your look. For example, say: clothes for work, to go out, to go to the mountains or for days of the week.
- Do not accumulate too many cardboard or plastic boxes; keep them to store winter clothes or temporarily place garments to donate or sell.
If this guide to organizing your wardrobe without complications helped you do not hesitate to share it!